The VFW knows best how military service and overseas deployments can impact family life. We’ve been there and so have our families. That’s why we provide these life-enhancing services to military servicemembers and their loved ones through our National Military Services program:
- Operation Uplink allows troops to call home for free two days every month.
- The Unmet Needs program provides a one-time grant up to $2,500 for qualifying service members and their families experiencing financial hardship
- The Military Assistance Program (MAP) helps VFW Posts to created relationships with military units and their families while providing funding for troop farewell and welcome home gatherings
It’s never too soon for active duty troops to check into the services, benefits and issues that will affect them as veterans. The VFW excels in leading transitioning troops to resources they need for critical support:
- Expert VA benefit claims support from our PA VFW State Service Officers during all stages of the submittal, review and appeal process.
- VetJobs – Assistance with preparing and applying for employment opportunities
- For help transitioning to your post-military days visit
In addition to these troop support programs, the VFW will continue fighting tirelessly in Washington, D.C. to tell Congress that you deserve the best equipment, housing, pay and benefits as defenders of America’s freedom.